Blogger Backgrounds
Family header Pictures, Images and Photos

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The end of times



Quotes for me.. just for me

Hanging onto resentment is letting someone you despise live rent-free in your head.
-- Ann Landers

Let go. Why do you cling to pain? There is nothing you can do about the wrongs of yesterday. It is not yours to judge. Why hold on to the very thing which keeps you from hope and love?
-- Leo Buscaglia

Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is a time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny. And a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it's all over.
-- Gloria Naylor

You are responsible for your life.
You can't keep blaming somebody else for your dysfunction.
Life is really about moving on.
- Oprah Winfrey



In life, there's many things that we have to learn to let go. We have to let go of situations, things, memories, people and even ourselves.

It's easy to form an attachment to people and things. When you've formed an attachment to people and things, it can be a very painful experience and feeling when you realized that it's time to let go. Even the mere thought of not having that person or thing in your life just squeezes your heart in pain.

However, there are times where you or that person has changed to the extent that it's necessary to let go of the relationship or friendship, so that each of you can fulfill your life path.

Letting go of your past and memories are also extremely hard. Even though old memories can be tormenting, yet you might hold on to the past and refuse to move forward. However, by refusing to let go of the painful past, it'll serve as a roadblock to love.

Letting go of your old self and the process of letting the new you emerge can be one of the scariest experiences in your life. But by leaving behind your old self and taking a leap of faith into the unknown, it might just reveal what you are truly capable of becoming.

As i sit here crying at loss, loss of a very close friend, my heart hurts. Not at the loss though... it hurts at my meaning. Or the absence of what should have been my meaning. I was nothing, not important, merely a burden.

I am worth much more, I am worth time, I am worth phone calls, I am worth love, and I am worth friendship. NOT the mediocre kind either. GREAT friendship.

Sometimes you put walls up, not to keep people out, but honestly to see who cares enough to break them down, and she didn't.

I know people come in and out of your life for a reason. I guess for me, I just never expected that season to end.

“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.”

This quote is perfect, because it is exactly what I feel right now. The way you react and what attitude you have speaks volumes about yourself. I need to work on this, a lot. My attitude is piss poor right now, about a lot of stuff.. but this has affected me to the point where I am so lost,confused, out of it etc.. that I don't know what my attitude is saying...

BUT, today is it.. I cried, I talked about it, prayed, called my therapist. Cried on my husband, talked to my friends, talked to my boss, and that's ENOUGH. I will not waste my life with feeling let down anymore. Loss sucks, but I have family, and other things that are more important than this.

"We can always participate in loose talks to curb our boredom. But when it comes to you friends its not worth it. Always avoid talking behind the back about your near and dear friends"

Two Frogs

A group of frogs were traveling through the woods, and two of them fell into a deep pit. When the other frogs saw how deep the pit was, they told the two frogs that they were as good as dead. The two frogs ignored the comments and tried to jump up out of the pit with all their might. The other frogs kept telling them to stop, that they were as good as dead. Finally, one of the frogs took heed to what the other frogs were saying and gave up. He fell down and died.

The other frog continued to jump as hard as he could. Once again, the crowd of frogs yelled at him to stop the pain and just die. He jumped even harder and finally made it out. When he got out, the other frogs said, "Did you not hear us?" The frog explained to them that he was deaf. He thought they were encouraging him the entire time.

There is power of life and death in the tongue. An encouraging word to someone who is down can lift them up and help them make it through the day. So be careful of what you say. Speak life to those who cross your path. The power of words... it is sometimes hard to understand that an encouraging word can go such a long way.

.For my friends, I ask this of you... I need you, not every moment of every day, but sometimes. I need love, and to know you are a live. To know you care and that I exist in your world. in return, I will be there for no matter what you may go through, even if it is 1 am. (although, I may be pissed :P) just be there... thats all. Its not much, but it is what this girl requires.

It doesn't take much to remain my family, not much at all. For now, I am going to eat a bowl of cereal and curl up in my cozy bed with my husband holding me, as he has the whole night while I have cried, and attempt to sleep this horrible day away.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment