Blogger Backgrounds
Family header Pictures, Images and Photos

Friday, July 29, 2016

yeah kids consume your life


I was told yesterday that "kids shouldn't run our life".. I have pondered on this now for a bit and slept on it.. And I have my own thoughts on what this means to me. 

He was right.. Kids shouldn't run our life..

Kids should consume it. Having a child isn't a novelty thing.. It's not for fun.. It's not for shits and giggles. You have children because you decided at some point that you wanted to leave a legacy. That you wanted to become a parent. That you wanted to be a teacher. That you wanted to complete something. 

You have kids to breath life into someone, teach them, mold them, make them a reputable member of society. You pray for them.. You love them.. You feed them.. Dress them. 

Life as you knew it is over when they arrive. 

I remember having my son. I remember him being placed on my chest. I was a stupid 18 year old kid. I had no idea what having a child meant. I could not even fathom what was going to happen to me. I thought I was in love with the person whom I was having Issak with.. But my goodness what happened to my heart when I saw that boy.. The feeling can not be described in words. It's a feeling I have felt three wonderful times.. It's the feeling of your heart expanding.. Making more room for love to fill it. 

When they are not with me... I am not complete. I very seldom use sitters.. I don't do things they can not do.. Because I want them with me. My life is not complete without them. I am not whole without them. 

For those of us who have children... Do me a favor.. When you think about going out on a Friday night because you need a break.. Call it a break. Don't say your children shouldn't run your life... Because chances are.. They already do. And if they don't.. Honey you're doing it wrong. 





 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment