Blogger Backgrounds
Family header Pictures, Images and Photos

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Grandpa




Growing up in a small town, with a mom who worked 50 plus hours a week, and a dad who worked nights and two jobs at times, I don't remember a lot about my childhood (i had terrific parents and an awesome brother but this blogs not about them right now)... BUT i remember my grandpa. I remember swimming with him, and him slipping me certs in Sacrament meeting. I remember him taking me for a ride on the lawn mower, and teaching me how to wash a car. I remember him raking HUGE piles of leaves just so I could jump in them. I remember him playing baseball with me, and pushing me off the diving board. My pa pa taught me how to climb a tree, how to paint, how to inflate a tire. He used to sneak and let me drive on his road before I could drive. He would take me to McDonald's for cheeseburgers. Tell me funny jokes and stories, read me stories from the bible... As i got older I remember other things about him... i remember when he took my grandmother to the temple and finally got sealed. I remember his testimony.. I remember when he had his heart attack, and i remember seeing him in the hospital and crying my eyes out thinking I'd never see him alive again. I remember him when I had Issak and him crying and telling me how beautiful he was, and how he knew I'd be an amazing mother. I remember the day I moved to Mississippi and seeing him cry in my rear view mirror as i drove away, and seeing him cry the day I moved back. He has been my rock, my pa pa, my substitute dad, my best friend, my happiness, my everything. If something happened to him, I would be a shell. I love my grandfather more than words can say... This blog can't even begin to do him justice. He truly is one of the best gifts I have on this earth. I am so blessed to call him my papa.

I love you so much pa pa. Forever and always. God will provide. GOD WILL PROVIDE.

No comments:

Post a Comment