Blogger Backgrounds
Family header Pictures, Images and Photos

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

This is not just about cupcakes, its about life!


Broken shoulders resting on my back
Overloaded with a weighed stack
Higher and higher
Time runs tired


I wish I could get out of this funk... maybe i need a break, a get away. Just lately I have felt extremely unappreciated. I don't think its because anyone is necessarily meaning to make me feel this way. I honestly think most of it is in my head. I just do not think anyone gets what all a stay at home mom goes through in a day. So I am going to attempt to spell it out... This is my summer schedule

7 am: Wake up
7:15: Get all 3 kids dressed and ready for the day, brush teeth change diapers egtc
7:45: Breakfast for all 3 kids
8:15: Story time
9:00: TV time
(while tv time is happening, I clean the kitchen, do a load of laundry and get myself ready)
10:00: snack time, School work/ special projects
11:00 prepare lunch for the kids while they watch a movie
11:45: lunch
12:15: Nap time (yeah right.. IF they actually sleep)
12:15-2: This i my down time.. I spend it folding clothes, getting stuff ready for dinner, baking, cleaning up from lunch and eating my own lunch (which i sometimes forget to eat)
2:00: Snack time, outside time, playdoh time, lego time etc
2:45: story time
3:15: Movie time (while there is a movie going I make dinner star another load of laundry clean up from snack)
5:15: Dinner time
6:00: Bath time
7-8 family time
8:00: bed time prep
8:30: bed time
9:00: my bed time

I literally dont sit down some days, and if I want a break i have to get up at the crack of dawn...

Now I am not complaining. Please do not mistake it for that. I love my crazy busy life. What I hate is the people who think i do nothing all day.. like walk around and eat bon bons and let the kids run wild, or yell at them all day (as I have seen parents do). Amazingly, my house doesn't miraculously clean its self.. That banana bread didn't make its self, and no.. that amazing smelling food, it didn't cook itself.

Half the time I do not get a thank you, or even a wow mom that was good. Sometimes being a mom is very frustrating in the sense that you do it all, and the stuff you get in return doesn't always add up. I love my kids and my husband and hearing "i love you" and "I missed you" is always nice, but sometimes actions speak volumes.

Anyway... I am a very frustrated mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment